In my weekly emails, I like to mention ‘fun finds’ from time to time.
These finds are things I find interesting, useful, fun, or that I just love. These are things I’ve purchased or things I just really want. I’ve included both cake and non cake-related stuff.
** If you just want to see all the cake decorating tools I recommend, go here: Cake Decorating Tools I Love and if you want to see all the cake baking tools I love, go here: 12 Must Have Tools to Start Baking Amazing Cakes
Browse around here and see if something catches your eye…like it did mine!
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Fun Finds from the October 22, 2021 Email:
- Flat icing spatulas – I’ve really been leaning more toward the flat spatulas lately as opposed to the angled ones. It’s fun to play around with new tools and I’ve found I’m liking these more and more.
- Vitamin D Drops – I take these all year round, but it’s super important when fall and winter hits (not medical advice of course).
- Savory Salmon Bits Dog Treats – These are tiny little training treats, but they are perfect for small dogs. My mini-dachshund LOVES these.
- Wonder Cloth Makeup Remover Cloths – These things are complete magic…no joke. I use one every day to wash my face. They’re not rough like a wash cloth and they absolutely do not stain. You just rub all the makeup off, wash them out and then hang them on the towel bar to dry and use again.
Fun Finds from the October 8, 2021 Email:
- Red waist apron – This apron is really inexpensive and I was pleasantly surprised at the quality actually. It’s thicker than I thought it would be and it’s a really strong red color.
- Magic line pans – These are my favorite cake pans. Wilton’s are good too, but these seem to bake cake layers more evenly and they seem to bake up a little higher to me. (These are the 9 inch round pans as the 8 inch pans are sold out. I have the 8 inch pans, so if you really want those, you can just keep an eye out for when those restock.)
- Noiseless mouse – I LOVE this mouse. I bought it on a whim, but I really love it because it’s so quiet. The clicking sound just isn’t near as loud as mouses (mice?). It’s really smooth and I just love how quiet it is.
- Parsley leaf tea – I’ve been drinking this tea lately because of some bladder issues I’ve been having. I don’t really know that it’s done much to help that, but I actually love the taste of it. I just drink it plain with no sugar, cream or honey. I’m not a doctor, but I’ve read that parsley tea has some great health benefits.
Fun Finds from the October 1, 2021 Email:
- Shoulder heating pad – This thing is amazing and not just for shoulders. Sometimes I put it in my lap to warm up or you can put it on your tummy for a tummy ache.
- Wilton cake leveler – I love this one because it’s a wire and it cuts much better than the levelers with the weird serrated knives that just move around too much.
- Glad Press-n-Seal – One of my favorite products of all time. I use this to wrap up my cakes in and freeze them and to pretty much wrap anything up. It sticks to itself which makes it so much easier to use than regular plastic wrap.
- Super soft lightweight sweatshirt – I have four of these shirts and they are so soft and comfy! These are called sweatshirts, but they’re a little more lightweight than an actual sweatshirt, but they’re super comfortable. If they don’t have the pink color available, there are lots of other colors to choose from. (By the way, I got size medium.)
Fun Finds from the July 31, 2020 Email:
In this email, I talked about the ONE MUST HAVE when decorating cakes…at least in my opinion….and that’s the cake decorating turntable. Here are a couple of options for you:
Fun Finds from the June 25, 2020 Email:
This is the old desk I refinished using black gel stain. The link to the one I used is under the pic.
Fun Finds from the May 22, 2020 Email:
Rubber spatulas are my #1 must-have tool when baking cakes.
I use them for everything. They are great for:
- Adding ingredients to your cake batter (ex. getting sour cream out of your measuring cups)
- Scraping down the sides of your mixing bowls
- Getting all the batter out of your bowl when you’re filling your pans
- Spreading batter into pans and smoothing it
- Smoothing out all the bubbles in your buttercream before you ice your cake
- They’re also good for just licking off all the excess batter and buttercream after mixing them up. ?
Here’s a pic plus links to the ones I have below it:
FUN FINDS FROM THE JULY 10, 2019 EMAIL:
This brownie brittle is so addicting. I just can’t stop eating it. You’ll definitely want to get some. There are several different flavors as well.
I picked mine up from Walmart, but you can get a variety pack from Amazon below.
FUN FINDS FROM THE JUNE 7, 2019 EMAIL:
In this email, I talked about this amazing granola recipe that I’m now obsessed with.
Below is the link to the recipe (it’s not mine), but I made mine with oatmeal, maple syrup, coconut oil, cranberry & raisin trail mix and my secret ingredient that’s NOT in the recipe…wait for it…it’s a teaspoon Lorann’s vanilla/butter emulsion.
You can grab a three-pack variety of emulsions here: Lorann’s bakery emulsions (Don’t worry, you will find tons of uses for them, not just for granola. Add them to cakes, pancakes, muffins, cookies, frostings…the ideas are endless.)
Also, sometimes you can find the emulsions at your local craft store if they have a cake decorating section.
FUN FINDS FROM THE MAY 31, 2019 EMAIL:
Blue Light Blocker for Laptop:
They say these blue light blockers help prevent macular degeneration. Now, I’m not a doctor, so I don’t know if those claims are legit, but I really want to lower my risk if I can. I spend a ton of time on the computer and what I do know is that this blue light blocker helps with my eye strain SO much.
If you order one, make sure to pick the correct size for your laptap!
Blue Light Blocker for iPhone:
Since I also spend a ton of time on my iPhone, I got a blue light blocker for it as well.
Make sure you’re picking the one that’s for your exact model of phone!
Don’t forget to check back periodically for more fun finds!