I put cinnamon on everything. My cereal, my oatmeal, my ice cream…so why not my buttercream!
I’m telling you the addition of cinnamon to my favorite vanilla bean buttercream kicks it WAY up a notch. This is hands-down one of my very favorite buttercream recipes.
It’s great as a filling, frosting or both!
Try it on my my Favorite Vanilla Bean Cake!
PIN IT HERE! –>
Here’s the recipe and I hope you love it as much as I do!
- 1 cup salted butter, room temp
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temp
- 6 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla bean paste (or extract)
- 2 tbsp milk can add two more tbsps if needed
- 2 tsp cinnamon (I use Saigon cinnamon)
- Use a paddle attachment on your mixer if you have one. If not, the whisk attachment will work fine. Cream the butter well for a couple minutes on medium speed.
- Add in 3 cups powdered sugar. Beat on low until combined, then on medium until well incorporated.
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of milk, plus the last 3 cups of powdered sugar. Beat on low until combined, then on medium until well incorporated.
- Add vanilla paste (or extract) and cinnamon. If the buttercream is very thick, add another tablespoon of milk.
- Beat on low until combined and then on medium until well incorporated.
- Check the consistency. If it's too thick, add milk (a tablespoon at a time) and mix after each addition until you reach the desired consistency.
Go Ahead and Lick the Bowl
Never miss a post! Get on the free newsletter list by entering your email, and grab this handy printable: 5 Favorite Buttercream Recipes!
Plus you’ll get free cake tips & recipes in your inbox once per week!