These easy Easter blondies are made with Easter candy plus chocolate chips all stirred into the batter to make it a quick and easy Easter dessert. Top these bars off with green tinted buttercream that’s piped on to look like grass, then add some cute chocolate mini Easter eggs. The perfect edible Easter egg hunt!
Oh Easter, why do you taunt me so, with all your different types of candy like chocolate covered marshmallows, robin eggs, peeps, and like a gazillion different kinds of Cadbury eggs?
I just can’t help myself with all the options! So, what did I do? I threw a whole bunch of that Easter candy into a sweet and chewy blondie batter to get these Loaded Easter Blondies.
I mean how could you not like a chewy delicious blondie that’s loaded with Easter candy then topped with buttercream? Well I guess someone without a sweet tooth, but I’m guessing you actually HAVE a sweet tooth…I mean you’re here reading from a blog called I Scream for Buttercream.
Ok, now that we’ve all admitted that we might have a small (maybe rather large) thing for sweets, we’ve addressed the elephant of in the room. 😉
For these blondies, I’ve added Easter M&M’s, white chocolate chips and chopped up mini Cadbury eggs to the blondie batter.
Once it’s cooled, after you’ve baked it, you’ll cover it in green buttercream. You’ll be using a grass icing tip, so you can get the look of grass.
You can grab my buttercream recipe here: Vanilla Buttercream Recipe
I then added some candy coated mini Cadbury robin eggs to the top, but you could go for the malted robin eggs if you like those.
Of course you can add a bit less buttercream than I did, but as you can tell, I’m kind of insane about my buttercream.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Supplies/Tools Used for the Loaded Easter Blondies:
Okay on to the recipe!
**By the way, this recipe was developed and tested using volume measurements (cups etc.). I do this because most people are used to measuring, instead of weighing. You may use the metric converter button to see the weight (gram) measurements. Those numbers are estimates on weight. Your results may vary a bit if you use the weight measurements.
Loaded Easter Blondies
- 1 cup butter (melted)
- 1 ½ cups packed brown sugar (I used light brown sugar)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 ¼ cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 3.8 oz pkg. Mini Cadbury Eggs (chopped)
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup Easter M&Ms
- Premade Green Buttercream (recipe on the blog)
- mini candy coated chocolate eggs or Robin eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 13×9 inch baking pan.
- Chop the mini Cadbury eggs in a food processor (if you have one). If you don't have a food processor, just add them to a freezer bag and break them up a bit with a rolling pin. Set them aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add melted butter and brown sugar and mix well.
- Add the eggs and mix well.
- Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt and mix.
- Add in the chopped mini Cadbury eggs, white chocolate chips and Easter M&M’s. Mix well.
- Spread into a greased 13×9 inch pan and bake at 350 for about 30-35 minutes. Cool completely before adding buttercream.
- Mix up green buttercream. (You can find a recipe for vanilla buttercream on the blog.) Add it to a piping bag fitted with a grass tip and pipe buttercream grass to cover the top of the bars.
- Now set the candy coated chocolate eggs or robin eggs on the top. Cut into squares and serve.
How to Share
I’d love for you to share this recipe link or tag it, but please do not share screenshots or copy/paste the recipe to social media as the content and photographs are copyright protected and we (bloggers) work really hard on our content. Sharing the link, tagging us on socials and pinning it is super appreciated though!
Ok, I hope you really like these and remember you can always use any left over Easter candy you feel like throwin’ in there!