Oh Easter, why do you taunt me so, with all your different types of candy like chocolate covered marshmallows, robin eggs, peeps, and like a gazillion different kinds of Cadbury eggs? I just can’t help myself with all the options! So, what did I do? I threw a whole bunch of that Easter candy into a sweet and chewy blondie batter to get these Loaded Easter Blondies.
I mean how could you not like a chewy delicious blondie that’s loaded with Easter candy then topped with buttercream? Well I guess someone without a sweet tooth, but I’m guessing you actually HAVE a sweet tooth…I mean you’re here reading from a blog called I Scream for Buttercream.
Ok, now that we’ve all admitted that we might have a small (maybe rather large) thing for sweets, we’ve addressed the elephant of in the room. 😉
This page contains affiliate links, which means I may receive a small referral commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase using these links. This helps to support my blog.
For these blondies, I’ve added Easter M&M’s, white chocolate chips and chopped up mini Cadbury eggs to the blondie batter.
Once it’s cooled, after you’ve baked it, you’ll cover it in green buttercream. You’ll be using a grass icing tip here, so you can get the look of grass.
You can grab my buttercream recipe here: Vanilla Buttercream Recipe
I then added some candy coated mini Cadbury robin eggs to the top, but you could go for the malted robin eggs if you like those.
Of course you can add a bit less buttercream than I did, but as you can tell, I’m kind of insane about my buttercream.
Don’t forget to scroll close to the end to watch the video and to see the supplies and tools I used to make this recipe.
Okay on to the recipe!
Loaded Easter Blondies
- 1 cup butter (melted)
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 3.8 oz pkg. Mini Cadbury Eggs (chopped)
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup Easter M&Ms
- Premade Green Buttercream (recipe on the blog)
- mini candy coated chocolate eggs or Robin eggs
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 13x9 inch baking pan.
- Chop the mini Cadbury eggs in a food processor (if you have one). Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add melted butter and brown sugar and mix well.
- Add the eggs and mix well.
- Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt and mix.
- Add in the chopped mini Cadbury eggs, white chocolate chips and Easter M&M's. Mix well.
- Spread into a 13x9 inch pan and bake at 350 for about 30-35 minutes. Cool completely before adding buttercream.
- Mix up green buttercream. (You can find a recipe for vanilla buttercream on the blog.) Add it to a piping bag fitted with a grass tip and pipe buttercream grass to cover the top of the bars.
- Now set the candy coated chocolate eggs or Robin eggs on the top. Cut into squares and serve.
Supplies/Tools Used for the Loaded Easter Bars:
- Mini Cadbury Eggs
- Food Processor
- Easter M&Ms
- White Chocolate Chips
- 13 x 9 Inch Glass Pan
- Icing Bags
- Grass Tip
- Cadbury Candy Coated Mini Eggs
- Vanilla Buttercream Recipe
Ok, I hope you really like these and remember you can always use any left over Easter candy you feel like throwin’ in there!
GET PROFESSIONAL LOOKING CAKES WITH THESE SIMPLE TIPS!
Plus you’ll get free cake tips & recipes in your inbox every week!