The easiest and best cream cheese pound cake you’ll ever make. This cake recipe is quick, it comes out moist every time and your family will love it. Using a cake mix as a base, makes this cake turn out moist and fluffy each and every time you bake it and adding in some extra ingredients, makes it taste homemade and just like you baked it from scratch.
Hey there! Before you scroll, there’s lot’s of important stuff in the post!…including the FAQ section, which may answer any questions you might have about this recipe. Enjoy!
I’ve been asked by several readers to post some recipes that use a cake mix as a base. I mostly post scratch cake recipes, but I have nothing against cake mix based recipes either. I just really like the challenge of scratch cakes.
But when several people ask for something, then I listen and I try to provide what you like to see. So today I’ve got a cake mix based recipe that I’m actually really excited about.
It really has a great flavor and since you’re using a cake mix as the base, you get a more consistent cake.
LET’S TALK ABOUT SOME OF THE INGREDIENTS FOR THE EASY CREAM CHEESE POUND CAKE:
Butter cake mix: I think the butter cake mix works really well because, you guessed it, it gives it a more buttery flavor.
Cream cheese: Obviously we’re using cream cheese here because this is a cream cheese pound cake.
Pudding mix: I also added in a box of dry cheesecake pudding mix. It helps with stability and gives it some added cream cheese flavor.
Extracts and emulsions: Vanilla extract, almond extract and lemon extract are the trifecta of extracts. They work really well together and I urge you to just try it. There is not enough of each to overload you with flavor. They just beautifully blend together to give the cake very good flavor.
MIXING METHOD FOR THE CREAM CHEESE POUND CAKE:
The mixing method for this cake isn’t really anything scientific. Since you’ll be using a cake mix, it’s pretty forgiving and you’ll basically just be creaming the butter and cream cheese, then dumping everything else in. Easy peasy.
TIPS& FAQs FOR THIS CAKE:
- Can I use a different flavored cake mix? Yes you probably can. I like using the butter cake mix because it gives it a more buttery taste.
- What if I don’t have the extracts? You’ll really want to try to get them if you can. It really gives it a nice flavor, but if you absolutely cannot, then you can omit them.
- Do I have to add in the pudding mix? I added in the dry cheesecake pudding mix because it adds a little extra flavor and helps with stability. You can probably omit it, although I haven’t tested this recipe out without the pudding mix. If you can’t find the cheesecake pudding mix, you can just substitute with another flavor, like vanilla. Just make sure when you add it, to add it dry…not prepared.
- Make sure to get your butter and cream cheese close to room temperature, so they’ll cream together easily.
- I used a hand mixer, but you can also use a stand mixer if you have one.
- I have not tested this out in a different sized pan other than a bundt pan.
- Be aware that the batter for this cake is quite thick. Don’t fight it. Just go with it. Once you add it to your pan, just smooth it before putting it into the oven.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
SUPPLIES USED FOR THIS CAKE:
- Large glass bowl
- Hand mixer
- Vanilla extract or Vanilla paste (or if my shop is out, you can get it here)
- Lemon extract
- Almond emulsion (or if my shop is out, you can get it here)
- Cheesecake pudding mix
- Butter cake mix
- Bundt pan
- Cooling rack
Ok let’s get to the recipe!
**By the way, this recipe was developed and tested using volume measurements (cups etc.). I do this because most people are used to measuring, instead of weighing. You may use the metric converter button to see the weight (gram) measurements. Those numbers are estimates on weight. Your results may vary a bit if you use the weight measurements.
Easy Cream Cheese Pound Cake
- 1 cup unsalted butter (room temp)
- 1 8 oz pkg. cream cheese (room temp)
- 2 tsps vanilla extract (or vanilla bean paste)
- ¼ teaspoon almond emulsion (optional)
- ½ tsp. lemon extract
- 4 large eggs
- ⅓ cup milk
- ¼ cup water
- 1 3.4 oz pkg. cheesecake pudding mix (dry)
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 box butter cake mix
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease and flour a 10″ bundt pan very well.
- Mix butter, cream cheese and extracts very well until completely smooth.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients and mix on medium to medium/high until well incorporated.
- The batter will be thick.
- Add to prepared pan and smooth the batter even.
- Bake at 325 for 55-60 minutes.
- Cool in the pan on a wire rack for about 20 minutes, then turn out of the pan onto the wire rack and cool completely before adding a glaze or powdered sugar.
How to Share
I’d love for you to share this recipe link or tag it, but please do not share screenshots or copy/paste the recipe to social media as the content and photographs are copyright protected and we (bloggers) work really hard on our content. Sharing the link, tagging us on socials and pinning it is super appreciated though!
OTHER POSTS YOU MIGHT LIKE:
Don’t Forget to Pin it Below!