Take your cookies or fruit to the next level with this easy fluffy cream cheese dessert dip. Use as a cookie dip or a fruit dip. Either way, with just four ingredients, this creamy and sweet dessert dip will come together really quickly.
This past week, a coworker of mine brought in some insanely delicious ginger cookies.
I like ginger cookies, but they’ve never been my absolute favorite. But oh my goodness…these ginger cookies are so good. My friend tells me they’re only available during the holidays.
They come in this huge tin and there’s like a million cookies in it. (Maybe not that many.) Anyway, you can get them from World Market, so if you have a chance, go get them.
I can’t read whatever language is printed on the tin, but here’s what they look like:
Ok, my point with that was my husband was saying that they’d be really good with a cream cheese dip and I thought that would be a great idea.
I didn’t want to make just the usual cream cheese buttercream. I wanted something a little less sweet because I didn’t want to overpower the taste of the ginger cookies. Plus I was feelin’ like a fluffy kind of cream cheese dip.
This dip is very similar to a no-bake cheesecake filling. I’ve added vanilla to mine, but you could of course add any flavoring you’d like. I think cinnamon would be good too.
There are only four ingredients in the recipe, so it comes together super quick.
You’re going to need to use a stand mixer if you have one, because you’ll be whipping up whipping cream (heavy cream) and that’ll take awhile.
If you don’t have a stand up mixer, you can still use a handheld mixer to do it, you’ll just have to stand there and hold the mixer for awhile.
Here’s some handy tips for whipping cream:
Make sure your bowl and beaters are super clean and do not have any residual grease on them. You can wipe them down with some white vinegar if you want and then rinse them off.
When you go to whip the cream, DO NOT use the same attachment you used to whip the cream cheese. (If you only have one or one set for a handheld mixer, just make sure they’re washed and cleaned well and that no greasy residue is on them when you go to whip your whipping cream.)
Add the bowl and the beater (or beaters if you’re using a handheld mixer) to the freezer and let it sit in there and get really cold before you go the whip your cream. This really helps get your cream to whip up nice and tall and quick.
Now, this dip isn’t just for ginger cookies. It would be good with practically any kind of cookie and would also be good with fruit. I’m thinking I’d like to even add this to a slice of pie.
Alright onto the recipe…
Fluffy Cream Cheese Dessert Dip
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 8 oz. cream cheese softened to almost room temp (not heated in the microwave)
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste (or extract)
- 1/2 cup whipping cream (sometimes called heavy cream)
- In a medium sized bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla on medium to medium/high until well mixed. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer (or hand held if you don't have a stand mixer) add in the 1/2 cup whipping cream (or heavy cream). Use the whisk attachment. DO NOT use the same attachment you used to whip the cream cheese. (If you only have one or one set for a handheld mixer, just make sure they're washed and cleaned well and that no greasy residue is on them when you go to whip your whipping cream.)Now just whip the whipping cream on high for several minutes until stiff peaks form. (The cream will get very fluffy and will 'stand up' when you lift the whisk out of it.) See note section for tips on whipping cream.
- Add the whipped cream to the cream cheese mixture and mix on medium or medium/high for about 30 seconds, or until well combined. (It doesn't matter at this point which mixer attachment you use.)
- Serve immediately, or chill in the fridge and serve later.Use as a dip for cookies, fruit, or as a topping on pie.
Supplies Used for the Fluffy Cream Cheese Dessert Dip:
Other recipes you might like:
GET PROFESSIONAL LOOKING CAKES WITH THESE SIMPLE TIPS!
Plus you’ll get free cake tips & recipes in your inbox every week!