Here are tons of ideas for what to write on a baby shower cake, whether you make it yourself, or order one, you’ll find tons of options here.
Baby showers are so fun, right? You want the celebration of a precious bundle of joy to go perfectly and you want the perfect cake as well.
Here we’ll have some fun thinking up tons of fun and cute things to put on baby shower cakes. I’ve organized them out into categories to try and make it easier to see all the options.
Baby Shower Cake Sayings for any Gender:
- Oh Joy!
- Little hands, little feet, I can’t wait ’til the day we meet
- Hello Baby!
- Welcome Baby
- Oh Baby!
- A Star is Born
- Cute as a Button
- Diapers and Pins, the Fun Begins
- Baby (name here) is almost here
- Little hands, little feet, hello baby, goodbye sleep
- Twinkle twinkle little star
- Welcome bundle of joy
- Oh the places you’ll go
- Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart
- Sweeter than honey
- A grand adventure is about to happen
- Pitter patter little feet, babies make our lives complete
- Welcome little bee
- Some bunny is on their way
- Welcome baby (name here)
- Little peanut is on his/her way
- A little pumpkin is on the way
- Showers of joy
- Let the adventure begin
Baby Shower Cake Sayings for Girls:
- It’s a Girl!
- Sugar, Spice & Everything Nice
- Sent from heaven above, a baby girl for you to love
- Tutus & twirls
- Little Princess
Baby Shower Cake Sayings for Boys:
- It’s a Boy!
- Welcome Little Man
- Welcome Lil’ Man
- Frogs and snails and puppy dog tails
- Little Prince
- Oh boy!
Baby Shower Cake Sayings for twins and multiple births:
- Twice the Joy & Half the Sleep
- Double Trouble
- A gift from above, two babies to love
- Double fun
- Twinkle twinkle little stars
- Little Princesses
- Little Princes
- Twins from above, more for us to love
- Two peas in a pod
- Triple trouble
- Three’s Company
- Trio of Trouble
- Two miracles instead of one
- Three miracles instead of one
Tips for Making a Baby Shower Cake Yourself:
Are you planning to make the baby shower cake yourself? It’s a great way to save money and get creative and with just a few tips, it actually can be done even if you’ve never made a decorated cake before.
Let’s get into some tips that will help.
Tips for piping on cakes:
If you want to write (pipe) words or sayings on cakes, here are a few tips:
Use a toothpick to pre-write it out onto your iced cake. That will serve as a guide. If you mess up, you can always smooth over it with an icing smoother and write it again.
Start piping the middle letters. If you do this, you’ll know the words will be centered and that you won’t run out of space.
Don’t fill the piping bag super full. That will make it harder to push out the icing and can make your hands shake which could affect the writing and design.
If you mess up, chill the cake really well, then use a toothpick to remove the mistake. Buttercream piping is easier to remove if it’s very cold.
Tips for piping flowers and borders:
Now, if you want to pipe easy flower designs and borders, here are a couple of links to tutorials that can help you do that, even if you’ve never piped frosting before:
Tried & true cake recipes:
If you need a few tried and true scratch cake recipes, I’ve got you covered there as well.
- Moist White Cake
- Favorite Vanilla Bean Cake
- Chocolate Butter Cake
- Scratch Marble Cake
- Pink Velvet Cake
- French Vanilla Cake
- Classic Yellow Cake
- Red Velvet Cake
Baby Shower Cake Topper Options:
If you just don’t have time to actually write something on a baby shower cake, or you want to add to what you plan to write, here are a few fun toppers I found.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Oh Baby (gold glitter cake topper)
- Oh Baby (wooden cake topper)
- Dream Big Little One (moon cake topper)
- We Can Bearly Wait (bear cake topper)
- Baby Boy (wooden cake topper)
- Baby Girl (rose gold cake topper)
How to make your own printable cake and cupcake toppers:
There’s always the option of designing your own cake topper or cupcake toppers as well and it’s not as difficult as it may seem. You can even design it online for free and print it at home on your own printer.
If you want to try your hand at designing your own cake and cupcake toppers, I have a video tutorial that will go through all the steps and it’s all using a program that’s free.
You can find that post here and scroll down to see the video: How to Design Your Own Printable Cake and Cupcake Toppers
I hope you’ve found this helpful and I hope the much-anticipated baby shower goes beautifully!
Leave a Reply